TEMPORARY EMBASSY CLOSURE
BOTWASH RESPONSE TO THE
(March 20th, 2020)
The health of our staff, clients, guests, visitors and Diaspora community is of the utmost importance to us. To do our part to help contain the spread of COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close the Embassy, effective Monday March 23, 2020.
We recognize the impact of this decision and accordingly our staff will continue to offer essential services online. We encourage you to continue to connect with us via email and follow our updates on the website and Facebook. With reference to the recommendations and guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as the U.S. Federal Government, we have also decided to adopt the following precautionary measures:
Official and Personal Travel
• Non-essential domestic airline travel, as well as all international airline travel is restricted because of the potential risk of coming into contact with the virus and the increased risk of affecting others.
• Here is information on what to avoid during any essential travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
• The Embassy has adopted social distancing measures including suspending all Embassy events, group meetings as well as cancelling participation in mass gatherings such as conferences and festivals. Health experts believe that avoiding crowds of people will be important in slowing the spread of the pandemic.
Provision of services
- Issuance of Visa at Ports of entry and at all Embassies is suspended with immediate effect. Current visas are cancelled with immediate effect until further notice.
• Employees have moved to telework and/or flexible working schedule. Where possible, the Embassy will provide online consular support to Botswana nationals and visitors.
• For consular services, please contact: email@example.com or call +1.202.766.8315
• For enquiries related to education, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.202.465.5306
• For general enquiries, please contact: email@example.com or call +1.202.445.8051
The Embassy is continuing to monitor the situation closely and will provide further updates, as needed. Thank you for your support and understanding.